Zillow Group is on a multi-year journey to replatform the real estate industry, removing friction for buyers, sellers, renters, and borrowers. The analytics team is at the heart of accomplishing this mission, understanding our customers and their experience, making strategic recommendations to leadership, and helping product and marketing communicate effectively with customers.
- Be accountable to the leadership of Data & Analytics and Product for your success. Stay on top of key business metrics and outcomes.
- Develop and own relationships with your business partners, namely product managers and leaders across product and data engineering.
- Be a strong partner with data engineering teams on the data ecosystem and an advocate for the requirements of data scientists and data visualization engineers.
- Present findings and strategic recommendations with clarity and concision to business partners having varying degrees of data science fluency.
- Manage and prioritize requests from business partners and set realistic expectations. Transparently communicate about priorities on a regular basis.
- Be an advocate for the customer and help bring customer-centricity into analytics strategies. Partner with product to help define strategies and tactics to improve the value and measurable impact of the customer experience.
- Hold a “big picture” view of Zillow Group. Identify emerging trends in real estate tech of which leaders should be aware. Identify ways to utilize our data to guide big strategic decisions.
- Partner with other senior data science leaders to promote career growth for data scientists across the company.
- Grow the team by coaching the team members in their career growth and hiring into new open positions.
- Partner with the experimentation platform team in building a strong culture of experimentation across the company. Enhance the team’s abilities to report on performance, focus on impact, and provide transparency about critical analytics workstreams. Establish self-service systems and processes.
- A leader of analytics teams with extensive experience providing strategic guidance and decision support to decision makers and business owners, in both established and new areas.
- Are familiar with the tools of data science, possibly including R, Python, SQL, various ETL, Airflow, and Spark.
- Have consistently prioritized coaching members of your teams and growing leadership on your teams throughout your career.
- Ideally you have experience in a business involving long, multi-step customer journeys, with both online and offline elements, including agent interactions. Possibilities include real estate, insurance, or the automobile industry. In that context, you have experience with full-funnel measurement and analysis, encompassing all of the stages of the customer journey from awareness, to acquisition, engagement, consideration, trial, and finally conversion.
- Have a customer-centric analytics toolbox, including customer segmentation, cohort analysis, and time series analysis. Some fluency with causal uplift analysis also a plus. You have a sound grasp of user/identity tracking, front-end tagging, and clickstream data.
- A creative and innovative problem solver and storyteller with data, comfortable with helping partners think and solve difficult business challenges. You thrive on partnership and are able to build the bridge between the requirements of the business and the needed insights and analytics to help the business reach their goals.
Qualification & Experience:
- Have experience product measurement (opportunity sizing, experimental design), and setting requirements for engagement data.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A