Zillow Group is looking for a Renovation Estimator to evaluate homes under consideration for purchase. Through the performance of an evaluation, an Estimator creates a scope of work that is used for both internal and external facing purposes in the renovation of that home. These renovations are delivering desirable, safe, and functional homes that maximize value and produce a positive consumer experience.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Transport various work materials in your vehicle including, but not limited to a telescoping pole, ladder, etc.
- Show outstanding customer service skills that exemplify Zillow’s brand and mission statement
- Conduct property visits of active inventory homes to review condition and lightly maintain during resale listing period
- Work collaboratively with the Renovation Field team and complete all work to standard leveraging a wide-array of company technology
- Provide superb qualitative feedback and professional communication to field management and acquisitions teams regarding property neighborhood, curb appeal, floor plan quality and major defects that warrant discard.
- Conduct interior and exterior home assessments utilizing Zillow’s evaluation process to determine necessary repairs for resale purposes through the creation of scopes of work
- Maneuver and examine through various locations of the property, for example- crawl/attic spaces
- Carry yourself professionally and represent Zillow Offers and Zillow Group well, both internally and externally
- Interact with home sellers during evaluation to communicate access requirements, points of contact and expectations for evaluation
- Job has physical requirements. Estimators work both indoors and outdoors, spending considerable time standing, sitting, walking, kneeling and squatting. Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Open minded to learning and adopting new processes and practices while bringing in previous expertise.
Detail-Oriented: No two homes are exactly alike, making it necessary to build an individualized approach each home.Ability to obtain an acceptable result on a pre-hire drug test and remain in compliance with our substance abuse rules and testing requirements
- Adhere to the demands of sellers’ schedules; last minute schedule changes happen. Ability to work weekends.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experienced utilizing technology in previous work environments
- Prior experience in the form of single-family home inspection certification and/or construction estimation/scope of work creation – ability to identify defects that could alter the decision to purchase the home.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A