You will join a brand-new team that is at the center of Zillow’s effort to transform the future of home selling. This team will be responsible for establishing and developing best-in-class operations for residential real estate transactions, central to our mission to make the process of buying or selling a home a consumer friendly, state of the art experience that can be launched with just the click of a button.
- Work collaboratively with the Renovation Field team and complete all work to standard leveraging a wide-array of company technology
- Maneuver and examine through various locations of the property, for example- crawl/attic spaces
- Conduct property visits of active inventory homes to review condition and lightly maintain during resale listing period
- Carry yourself professionally and represent Zillow Offers and Zillow Group well, both internally and externally
- Show outstanding customer service skills that exemplify Zillow’s brand and mission statement
- Interact with home sellers during evaluation to communicate access requirements, points of contact and expectations for evaluation
- Provide superb qualitative feedback and professional communication to field management and acquisitions teams regarding property neighborhood, curb appeal, floor plan quality and major defects that warrant discard.
- Transport various work materials in your vehicle including, but not limited to a telescoping pole, ladder, etc.
- Conduct interior and exterior home assessments utilizing Zillow’s evaluation process to determine necessary repairs for resale purposes through the creation of scopes of work
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- No two homes are exactly alike, making it necessary to build an individualized approach each home.
- Adhere to the demands of sellers’ schedules; last minute schedule changes happen. Ability to work weekends.
- Job has physical requirements. Estimators work both indoors and outdoors, spending considerable time standing, sitting, walking, kneeling and squatting. Ability to lift up to 30lbs.
- Open minded to learning and adopting new processes and practices while bringing in previous expertise.
- Ability to obtain an acceptable result on a pre-hire drug test and remain in compliance with our substance abuse rules and testing requirements
Qualification & Experience:
- Prior experience in the form of single-family home inspection certification and/or construction estimation/scope of work creation – ability to identify defects that could alter the decision to purchase the home.
- Experienced utilizing technology in previous work environments
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A