Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for customers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of millions of items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. The Catalog Data Science team at Wayfair uses Data Science and ML capabilities for building predictive models to launch products that offer best value for its customers with a wide variety of personalized selection. The most complex and business critical Data Science models deliver fast, scalable, easily accessible, and reliable comparisons between large numbers of products in the catalogs. These comparisons enable Wayfair to make better decisions across many teams including Merchandising, Pricing, Marketing, Search & Recommendations, and Category Management.
- Enable Data Quality for complex DAGs.
- Work in a fast paced environment to deliver results.
- Partner closely with the Data Scientists and Product Managers for multiple initiatives.
- Provide engineering expertise to the quarterly and annual planning exercises.
- Work closely with central platform teams to build the data and ML solutions.
- Deliver Data Engineering capabilities for streaming and batch based data ingestion, enrichment and aggregation.
- Build and operate tools, services and infrastructure we use to enrich and label the data, create features, train, evaluate and serve both online and offline models.
- You are a mentor to the junior engineers, and you’re great at coordinating with a variety of teams throughout the company.
- You excel in undefined environments and get excited about finding solutions to complex technical challenges, and then building them.
- You enjoy coming up with pragmatic solutions to concrete problems using strategic thinking.
- You’ve worked with complex distributed Data Engineering and ML systems deployed at scale.
- You keep up with the industry trends and continuously identify new tools to use to solve technical problems.
Qualification & Experience:
- You have 5+ years of experience as a Software or Data Engineer.
- You have experience as a Data or Machine Learning Engineer and successfully delivered business critical predictive capabilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A