We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Marketplace Economics team. We use econometrics, analytics, big data, statistics, and machine learning to coach suppliers and delight customers.
- Uncover insight in our vast repository of clickstream and pricing data and provide tactical guidance on how to act on findings.
- Algorithms to put measurements into action
- Experiments to measure how customers and suppliers respond to Wayfair’s strategies.
- Supervised and unsupervised models
- Mentor and empower junior data scientists.
- Robust data pipelines
- Scope concrete data science solutions to ambiguous business problems.
- Communicate the value of your work through logical, cohesive stories.
- Design and implement
- Collaborate with economists, machine learning engineers, data engineers, and business stakeholders to ensure the end-to-end success of your solutions.
- The ability to learn fast, a willingness to work hard, integrity, grit, compassion, and a team-first attitude.
- Genuine interest in the happiness, well-being, and success of everyone on your team.
- Ability to effectively work with business leads and data scientists: strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to synthesize conclusions for non-experts, and desire to influence business decisions
- Proficient at one or more programming languages, e.g. Python, R, Java, C++, etc. Experience using these to build machine learning models or run econometrics.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in a quantitative or technical work environment or advanced degree (Masters / PhD) in quantitative field (e.g. data science, mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, physics, neuroscience, operations research, etc.)
- Prior experience building data processing pipelines. For example, with tools such as SQL, Hive, Spark, BigQuery, or Airflow.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A