Website Valero Energy
Provides senior level engineering capability for process evaluation, optimization of refinery operations, project design, start-up, troubleshooting, and testing of units. Expertise to provide the most optimum refinery performance that will meet the company’s safety, environmental, reliability and economic objectives.
- Assists in supplying technical data in preparation of construction, operating, and environmental permit applications and reports.
- Understands the refinery flows, heat and material balances, feeds, distillation processes and products.
- Provides technical expertise to support process units for a particular area of the refinery to enable the most optimum performance that will meet daily operating targets and KPIs.
- Maintains and evaluates an informational database of operating history of units for all pertinent process variables and updates PFD’s, P&ID’s, and Unit Health
- Monitoring KPIs. Performs studies on the effects of operating variables on product quality, yield and profitability.
- Prepares and follows-up on reports on catalyst life, performance, regeneration, and requirements of the units.
- Performs all routine engineering calculations (i.e. piping hydraulics; PSV sizing; pump/motor sizing and evaluations; use process simulation software to evaluate complex problems, size/rate equipment, mass and energy balances; perform conversion calculations).
- Initiates proactive recommendations for improving unit yields and/or optimizing energy consumption.
- Monitors unit operating data. Ensures technical and operations management are aware of all current constraints.
- Assists Operations in evaluations of unit operations and troubleshooting problems.
- 5 years of process engineering experience in a petroleum refinery required.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative, on-site work environment, which will include participation in unscheduled discussions and troubleshooting on an as needed basis.
- Bachelors of Science degree or higher degree in Chemical Engineering required.
- Process Simulation experience required.
- Experience in petroleum refining with multiple refinery process units preferred.
Company: Valero Energy
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Three Rivers, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A