Oversees the daily operation of an assigned area of the production process within the plant. Working a 12-hour rotating shift schedule while maintaining a safe work environment. Monitors and maintains production quality and equipment, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned to maintain a safe, reliable, and consistant operation.
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Participates in projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Participates in safety, health, and environmental programs (LOTO-lock out tag out, Safe Work Permit, FSMA-Food Safety Modernization Act).
- Documents and monitors process variables, sample data and routine tasks as required for postion, to ensure plant operations are maintained within operating parameters.
- Monitors and controls plant operations.
- Performs scheduled Operations Work Requests as requested by Supervisor or Plant Management.
- Communicates with all departments within the facility to ensure safe and efficient execution of daily plant activites.
- Reviews the operation of the plant constantly to monitor production and quality, anticipating and solving problems in a timely manner, and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in Quality Assurance/Quality Control program, interprets results, and takes appropriate action when required.
- Prepares equipment to ensure it is safe for maintenance/contractors to perform scheduled work.
- Monitors and troubleshoot process issues and equipment.
- Monitors use and inventories of process chemicals and supplies.
- Utilizes company safe work practices to ensure all work is performed safely.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Associate Degree in Process Technology or equivalent preferred.
- Experience in the operation of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Bluffton, IN, US
Application Deadline: N/A