The Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing all laboratory analyses, instrument maintenance and calibrations, maintaining consumable inventory and sample retain storage. Internal relationships include frequent contact with Operators, Blender, Shift Superintendents, and Area Superintendents.
- Completes all required training (CBT’s, FPDE’s and specialized training) within the defined time.
- Maintains consumable inventory and sample storage inventory.
- Records and reports test results as required.
- Performs instrument maintenance and calibrations of testing equipment as needed.
- Distributes and retains samples according to laboratory guidelines.
- Obtains samples and performs laboratory analysis on designated products and process streams.
- Completes fence line monitoring.
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree in Chemistry, Biology, Physical Science or technical degree required.
- A minimum 16 hours of college Chemistry or certified lab tester training accreditation preferred.
- Knowledge of ASTM/IP/UOP testing procedures and testing skills required.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A