Directs the maintenance activities of the assigned craft in their area of responsibility.
- Collaborates with lead technicians in problem solving to achieve total reliability in the most economical means.
- Maintains and evaluates equipment history through the SAP system, and works with the Warehouse on completing material listing for SAP.
- Attends daily meetings to assist in accomplishing scheduled work and resolving key and important maintenance problems.
- Monitors quality and quantity of work being done by outside repair shops and suppliers of E equipment replacement parts.
- Helps in the counseling, training, development and appraisal of the performance of maintenance hourly employees in their assigned craft.
- Analyzes problems that may arise and finds a workable solution that is practical as well as cost efficient. Implements safe work habits for all employees and supervises outside service contractors so they might function efficiently.
- Supervises and participates in the development of reliable and efficient equipment in order to better our production.
- Determines needs for maintenance materials, warehouse stock, rental equipment and/or contract services.
- Prepares monthly activities report on I&E work for management.
- Assists in the development and coordination of turnaround work.
- Ensures that the necessary equipment is ordered and an adequate supply of parts is maintained in stock by utilizing SAP and interaction with the Warehouse and Planning Departments.
- Analyzes all work requests to determine necessary repair or replacement and advise as to estimate manpower and material requirements.
- Provides judgment on the repair versus replacement of equipment.
- Holds toolbox safety meetings and inspections, necessary to achieve safety goals while communicating changes in company policy, procedures, and objectives to employees.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10 years of maintenance experience in a refinery or similar industry required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Port Arthur, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A