Supports installation, maintenance and repair rotating equipment within the refinery. This includes pumps (centrifugal and positive displacement), steam turbines, compressors (centrifugal and Reciprocating), gearboxes (parallel shaft and right-angle drive), hydraulic and pneumatic cylinders, fans and blowers and drive systems associated with the equipment.
- Sets up and operates various metalworking machine tools (ex. lathe, balance machine, mill).
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Reads and produces high quality of work from mechanical drawings.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of the finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly such as, but not limited to, pumps, pump components, valves and valve components.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly such as, but not limited to, pumps, pump components, valves and valve components
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, balancer, and other machine tools.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Completion of a certified Apprenticeship or vocation program with documented training history, technical certification or associate degree related to Industrial Machining required.
- 5 years of experience working with pumps and other types of rotating equipment preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Memphis, TN, US
Application Deadline: N/A