Website Urban Outfitters
The Urban Outfitters Buyer is responsible for creating an exciting and timely product assortment that meets and exceeds the sales volume and profit for their departments. This candidate will need to deliver the sales and profit plan for assigned classes through the precise execution of a well-conceived merchandise strategy. They intuitively respond to customer feedback, market trends and develop action plans that drive category specific growth and increased profitability.
- Responsible for managing inventory levels and flow
- Facilitate finalizations to plan and merchandise product assortments for all channels
- Negotiate price to insure mark-up goals are achieved
- Ability to distort classifications to ensure positioning within the market
- Analyze velocity reports and respond to current trends as appropriate
- Expand product line to enhance appeal to target market.
- Ensure key fashion trends are well represented in the assortment. Test emerging trends for selling viability
- Develop new design collaborations and manage artist relationships
- Work with Merchandising team to develop strong story lines for the web-sight, emails and store presentations
- Maintain clear vision of store and direct customer and her needs. Also develop the buying team in this area
- Shop domestic and international market to fill voids, check on current trends and identify “chase“ opportunities
- Develop a compelling assortment, based on store and direct strategies that meet/exceed sales volume and profits
- Develop new resources
- True entrepreneurial risk mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a business.
- Be able to own, articulate, and execute a clear vision.
- 7-10 Years’ minimum buying experience required.
- Creative problem solving.
- Lead by example. Be positive, support company initiatives, mentor others, and be a part of the solution.
Company: Urban Outfitters
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A