Website United Airlines
The Senior Developer plays a critical role in creating and maintaining the strategic partnership between business needs and technology delivery. The Senior Developer’s role is to lead the efforts to plan, design, develop and launch efficient systems and solutions in support of core organizational functions. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve issues, opportunities or problems in order to maximize the benefit of IT and Business investments. The Senior Developer is highly experienced and has decision-making authority, is self sufficient, requires no direct supervision, and mentors/coaches others.
- Work on serverless technologies, services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Design, develop, document, test, and debug new and existing critical software systems and/or applications with a focus on continually improving our customer’s journey
- Ensure regulatory compliance requirements are addressed (e.g., PCI, PII, GDPR)
- Ensure security requirements are addressed
- Support enterprise quality assurance teams
- Ensure commitments are delivered on time, pass unit testing, meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Work with AWS native technologies such as EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, EKS, Lambda, AmazonMQ, Apache Camel, API Gateway, DynamoDB, DocumentDB, etc.
- Work closely with team members in agile development environment where continuous integration and continuous delivery are critical
- Full stack developer working on critical frameworks, core business capabilities and modernization of legacy services as applications are migrated to the cloud
- Demonstrate an innovative mentality by staying aware of new developments within the technology space and identify which new technologies to adapt to provide value to our business.
- Design advanced .NET application using C#, WCF, Web API, LINQ, MVC and various data access layers
- Good written and verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
- Experience with cloud security controls, DevOps and CICD pipelines
- Minimum 6 years of hands on software development experience with .NET technologies in enterprise systems with high availability and performance requirements.
- Knowledgeable with microservices and how they are applied in a cloud environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, other related field or 8 years of equivalent work experience required.
- Familiar in implementing and integrating with regulatory compliance requirements (e.g., PCI, PII, GDPR).
- Experience with security principles: authentication, authorization, OAUTH, SAML, public-private key encryption, asymmetric encryption, symmetric encryption, token validation, encoding, single sign-on
- Experience with end to end CI/CD solutions using platforms like TeamCity
Understanding of serverless technologies, services and container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- Experience working with team members in high performance, agile development environment where continuous integration and continuous delivery are critical
- Data-driven analysis, good communication skills, quantitative reasoning, and a strong desire to learn and implement new technologies.
- Experience with .NET core, JAVA, Python, CI/CD, SQL, NoSQL, MQ and event processing.
- Minimum 2 years of hands on experience with foundational AWS Services (EC2, S3, RDS, VPC, CloudTrail, CloudFront, Lambda, EKS, ECS, etc.)
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Houston, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A