Website United Airlines
Ramp Agent/Baggage Handler
- As part of our baggage handling team, you will work up close and personal with the United fleet of aircraft to meet arriving and departing flights.
- You will be in constant motion as you take on many assignments like loading and unloading aircraft cargo, moving baggage to and from terminals, and receiving and dispatching aircraft.
- It’s a varied job that can be fun, rewarding and exhilarating, all at once.
- Safety is your number one priority, and you are always paying attention to details and to your surroundings
- You’ll be working planeside and outside in all kinds of weather and temperatures (we have fun treats like hot chocolate and popsicles when it’s really extreme!)
- Physical activity is a key component of this operation. You will be walking and standing most of the day and you will be lifting and transporting many items per flight – in some cases items weighing as much as 70 lbs.
- From time to time, overtime may be required to help us serve our customers
- You’ll use United technology to track bags and get your assignments.
- You and your coworkers work together to get it done, protect each other’s safety and have a good time
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Comfortable working with computers, mobile devices, and new technologies
- Physical ability to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift, as well lift and handle baggage
- A valid state issued driver’s license with acceptable driving record; must be able to operate automotive and other ramp equipment
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Newark, NJ, USA
Application Deadline: N/A