Website The Home Depot
The Systems Engineer Manager is responsible for attracting, retaining and developing top talent focused on market needs and inspiring Systems Engineering teams to provide quality service to drive a highly stable security organization in support of The Home Depot’s business.
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Security Operations
- Identity & Access Management ( IAM)
- Data Protection & Privacy
- Vulnerability Management
- Cloud Security
- Architecture and Innovation
- 30% – Strategy & Planning:Looks across teams with a focus on alignment and dependencies Gains a thorough understanding of infrastructure needs and guides teams to design infrastructure platforms that meet end user requirements Translates product and project goals into infrastructure strategy and clearly communicates direction and priorities to teams and business partners Determines value to the business of anticipated Systems Engineering efforts Identifies goals, metrics, and appropriate analytics to measure the performance of Systems Engineering teams; continually makes recommendations and refinements on approaches based on learningsReviews recommended solutions and work of Systems Engineers to ensure alignment with company, stakeholder, and end user priorities
20% – Delivery & Execution: Leads configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met Leads field and corporate roll-outs of technology Leads the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs Creates and optimizes specifications for complex technology solutions Provides regular status to leadership regarding progress of Systems Engineering efforts Manages vendor relationships Manages, reviews, and approves purchase requests for hardware and software
- 20% – Support & Enablement: Removes roadblocks and obstacles that may impair Systems Engineers to help ensure efforts meet strategic, financial, and technical goals Receives and prioritizes escalations and incoming requests from product teams and stakeholders Guides the production of in-house documentation around solutions Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues
Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to Systems Engineering professionals Attracts, retains, and develops top talent Conducts annual and mid-year reviews, reviewing individual development plans and providing performance feedback Fosters collaboration with team members to drive value, and identify and resolve impediments Advocates for the end user and stakeholder by becoming associated with the product, empathizing with and understanding user needs guides more junior team members in strategy, alignment, analysis, and execution tasks Participates in and contributes to learning activities around systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
- Proficiency in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional, modern engineering team
Experience managing and growing team members in a professional setting.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Professional experience in one of the following areas: Architecture, Governance, Risk & Compliance , Data Protection & Privacy , Identity &Access Management , Security Operations , Vulnerability Management, Application Security, Cloud Security, Endpoint Security.
Qualification & Experience:
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
- Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Company: The Home Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A