Website Dollar General
Responsible for the management of all employees in the effective planning and implementation of all store processes, including ordering, receiving, stocking, presentation, selling, staffing and support.
- Communicate performance, conduct and safety expectations regularly; coordinate meetings and events to encourage safety, security and policies.
- Ensure that all merchandise is presented according to established practices; utilize merchandise fixtures properly including presentation, product pricing and signage.
- Provide superior customer service leadership.
- Make recommendations regarding employee pay rate and advancement.
- Provide proper training for employees; conduct performance evaluations; identify gaps for appropriate solutions and/or counseling, up to and including termination.
- Ensure the financial integrity of the store through strict cashier accountability, key control, and adherence to stated company security practices and cash control procedures.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by controlling damages, markdowns, scanning, paperwork, and facility controls.
- Evaluate operating statements to identify business trends (including sales, profitability, and turn), expense control opportunities, potential shrink, and errors.
- Ensure that the store is appropriately staffed and effectively opened and closed each day. Personally open the store a minimum of two times per week; personally close the store a minimum of two times per week.
- Maintain a clean, well-organized store; facilitate a safe and secure working and shopping environment.
- Facilitate the efficient staging, stocking and storage of merchandise by following defined company work processes.
- Order to ensure the meeting or exceeding of in-stock targets; review ordering plan, seasonal direction and inventory management issues on a weekly basis; follow up on Basic Stock Replenishment (BSR)/cycle counts.
- Knowledge of recruiting, interviewing, hiring, counseling and termination practices including legal compliance and internal processes.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of inventory management and merchandising practices.
- Ability to perform IBM cash register functions to generate reports.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
- Good organization skills with attention to detail.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices (deposits, store keys, SAFE program, etc.)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as diagrams, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedures manuals
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred.
- One year of management experience in a retail environment preferred.
Company: Dollar General
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Canonsburg, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A