GameStop is now hiring for full and part time management and customer service opportunities!! Apply on-line now!
We are seeking Store Manager candidates to manage and assume total responsibility for the success of the store by driving sales and ensuring that the store staff provides friendly, enthusiastic customer service, in person and on the phone. Ensure that the store is clean, well organized, and properly merchandised at all times, and that all policies, procedures, and controls are followed. Responsible for all aspects of inventory control by protecting company property and assets and ensuring that store shrink is within company guidelines.
The primary function of the Assistant Store Manager and the Senior Guest Advisor is to support the Store Manager in all facets of store operations including ensuring that the store staff provides friendly, open and enthusiastic customer service, in person and on the phone. This includes answering questions and assisting with product selection, purchases, and returns. Ensure that the store is clean, well organized, and properly merchandised at all times, and that all policies, procedures, and controls are followed. Supervise up to 5 or more Game Advisors by planning, organizing, and delegating work.
- Must be able to occasionally travel unassisted via car and/or plane to offsite conferences and meetings (less than 10%) (Store Manager)
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 30 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
- Must be able to work a minimum of 44 hours per week (Store Manager Position)
- Proficient customer service skills
- Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted, for extended periods (up to 12 hours per day)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- merchandising, or related field preferred (Store Manager Position)
- Three or more years of retail sales, customer service, and/or management/leadership experience required; at least 1 year of retail
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment that includes multiple overlapping priorities
- Possess or acquire during employment onboarding a working understanding of military ranks and related insignia
- Proficient understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
- Proficient self-motivation and ability to work as a team to complete necessary tasks in a timely manner
- Proficient knowledge of operating a point-of-sale computer system and properly completing required paperwork
- Working knowledge of alphabetizing
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; An Associate’s or accredited Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business, marketing,
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Newberry, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A