At ThinkGeek, we refer to our Store Managers as “Supreme Geeks.” As an Empowered Leader, the Supreme Geek works independently to directly influence the performance of everyone who interacts with customers and supports the store environment. Using elements of ThinkGeek’s GEEKOUT Sales Model, the Supreme Geek ensures world-class customer service experiences for all of ThinkGeek’s customers. The Supreme Geek makes discretionary decisions involving all sales initiatives, operational effectiveness, marketing, scheduling, employment, and all other aspects of the day-to-day business processes of a ThinkGeek store. This position supervises a combination of associates including a First Geek Officer (Assistant Manager), Lead Geek Specialist and Geek Specialists, which may vary based upon store size, location, and expected sales volume.
- Support the total shopping environment, including visual and operational elements, and the customer relationships that lead to sales and repeat business.
- Using the Empowered Leadership Model, lead store associates in meeting sales, profit and shrink goals.
- Selling Passion: Enjoy active selling, including exploring and creating customer needs and closing the sale. Demonstrate a passion for the customer and exceeding goals.
- Ensure the use of GEEKOUT Selling techniques to align customer needs with ThinkGeek products, the recommendation of additional items as appropriate, and ensure every customer is thanked for shopping at ThinkGeek.
- Ensure the sales floor is attended by a supervisor at all times, and the store always has a supervisory employee present.
- Recruit, hire, assess, develop, and retain people committed to outstanding customer service.
- GEEKOUT Selling Focus: Drive sales and customer loyalty by creating complete, lasting customer solutions. Demonstrate unique interest in every customer. Ask questions and makes recommendations in order identify and celebrate the customer’s inner Geek.
- Provide timely, appropriate and regular feedback to all store associates concerning performance, conduct performance coaching discussions as appropriate, and writing and presenting annual performance appraisals.
- Expansive Thinking: Embrace creative thinking and exploration of new ideas and initiatives.
- Train store associates on all aspects of their jobs, including all company/store policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Think and act deliberately in creative ways that grow the business and exceed customer expectations by developing new strategic initiatives that shape the long term focus of the business.
- Provide world-class customer service: promptly greet customers, respond to and handle customer concerns quickly, effectively and courteously; align customer passions with ThinkGeek products which exceeds the needs of the customer; recommend additional items as appropriate; and ensure every customer is thanked for shopping at ThinkGeek; ensure all store associates consistently provide world-class customer service.
- Team Support: Demonstrate a selfless commitment to others on the store team, including schedule and activity-based dependability, continuous improvement, and respond effectively to feedback. Actively seek opportunities to contribute at a higher level of service to the business, the customers, and others on their team.
- Must be able to work alone and move throughout the store unassisted, for extended periods (up to 12 hours per day)
- Must be able to work a minimum of 44 hours per week
- Must be able to occasionally travel unassisted via car and/or plane to offsite conferences and meetings (less than 10%)
- Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
- Must be able to lift and/or move objects and displays (up to 20 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with arms and hands, and climb on ladders
- Three or more years of retail sales, customer service, and/or management/leadership experience required; at least 1 year of retail management experience preferred
Qualification & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required; An Associate’s or accredited Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business, marketing, merchandising, or related field preferred
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Kennesaw, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A