Website State Of Texas Jobs
Researches and negotiates real estate property acquisition for projects of the City to ensure that properties that will be obtained are reviewed and an equitable solution with each land owner is reached.
- Verifies that appraisals correspond to properties being appraised.
- Works with other departments such as Engineering, Planning, and Legal as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Researches property and assures it is free of liens and encumbrances.
- Must comply with the implementation of the Uniform Relocation Act requirements for relocation of property owners and tenants.
- Researches proper documents and confirms ownership and property lines prior to negotiation with owners.
- Takes part in the appraisal, title research, negotiation, and acquisition of real estate for public projects.
- Confirms property owners acceptance of offer, forwards offer to supervisor for approval prior to further processing.
- Prepares reports, letters, and other written communication/correspondence as assigned.
- Negotiates property acquisitions with land owners.
- Will be required to drive a City vehicle for City business use.
- Ability to maintain good health and physical condition sufficient to permit the full performance of the duties of the position.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, plats, surveys, and property descriptions.
- Ability to maintain harmonious and effective working relationships with other employees and respond to general public complaints.
- Required to comply with all City of Laredo’s policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of property values and methods used in appraisal and acquisition.
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations pertaining to real estate acquisitions, property appraisal, and negotiations.
- Knowledge of the legal instruments affecting the transfer, title, sale, and lease of real estate property.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing in the English language and orally in the Spanish language.
- Ability to maintain proper records.
- Ability to maintain a valid Texas Driver License and a good driving record.
Qualification & Experience:
- Sixty (60) college hours or a technical school degree from an accredited college or university in Real Estate, Architecture, Business Administration, Science, or related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in public administration, sales, real estate, and/or related field.
- Valid Texas Driver License
Company: State Of Texas Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A