Website State Of Texas Jobs
The Food Service Worker I does routine food service work on a designated shift in the kitchen and/or at a satellite area under supervision. Work involves preparing, portioning, distributing and serving food for regular & therapeutic diets, and sanitation of equipment, work areas, dishes, utensils, pots and pans. Other duties may be required which are related to the functions of the position. Maintains sufficient knowledge of duties to satisfy the requirements of the job. Handles food in accordance with federal, state and HACCP guidelines. Follows kitchen and food safety procedures and practices. May work unusual or extended hours in the event of a disaster or operational necessity.
- Follows required sanitation procedures for cleaning kitchen, stock room, food preparation areas and satellite areas.
- Prepares scheduled snacks and supplements. Maintains supply of snack items.
- Assists in the preparation and portioning of food for special diets following food service procedures.
- Assists in serving food for special diets and following food service procedures.
- Participates in the distribution of food in a safe and sanitary manner according to food service policies.
- Observes safety procedures and practices.
- Follows procedures for sanitation and storage of the dishes and food service equipment.
- Follows proper food handling in accordance to food service procedures, state, federal and HACCP guidelines.
- Knowledge of food preparation methods, of food storage and preservation, and of sanitation regulations.
- Ability to prepare and serve food; to clean dining, serving, and food preparation areas; and to maintain accurate records.
- Skill in the operation, cleaning, and sanitizing of food service appliances and equipment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience related to food service.
- Experience in food service work desired. Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Company: State Of Texas Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A