Website State Of Texas Jobs
The Vehicle Driver III reports to the Regional Business Services Manager (BSM) in each region within Regional Administrative Services (RAS). Responsibilities and job duties include assembly, repair, delivery/pick-up, and installation of equipment, furniture, and other business supplies. Receives, signs for and inspects packages received in the mail room or warehouse and delivers to appropriate personnel at HHS offices throughout the region. Receives, processes, and distributes document service/copy requests. Sorts and distributes mail to various HHS office locations within the region. Drives and inspects vehicles, maintains agency vehicle maintenance logs for monthly reporting, ensures proper maintenance and operating condition, performs minor vehicle repairs. Orders and maintains adequate inventory of supplies needed for mail and copy services. Performs warehouse duties including tracking inventory and surplus state property; operating motorized equipment for moving and storing warehouse items. Assists with office moves, completes minor building repairs and routine maintenance. Oversees and directs activities of contractors and vendors for moves and modular furniture installation. Serves on the Regional Disaster Deployment Team by delivering and setting up emergency equipment and supplies. Utilizes the Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) system to receive and document completion of assignments. Utilizes CAPPS Financial module for documenting receipt of purchased items delivered to the warehouse or mailroom.
- Performs standard warehouse duties including the safe and efficient storage and inventory of materials, equipment, and supplies. Operates necessary motorized and manual equipment for moving and lifting pallets, boxes, and any other large item to be stored or transported.
- Equipment used includes forklifts, dollies, pallet jacks, power lifts on vehicles, and golf carts. Monitors stock levels, advises manager when reorders are needed, receives refill orders, and fills racks to maintain sufficient stock levels. (25%)
- Responsible for driving state agency trucks and cargo vans to deliver and pickup large items such as furniture, filing cabinets, IT and telecommunications equipment, boxed file records, packages, business supplies, surplus state property, and emergency office equipment such as portable fans, heaters and carpet dryers. Provides mail pickup and small package delivery while on routine delivery route to HHS offices in region.
- Responsible for safe and efficient loading, unloading, and delivery of cargo. Evaluates multiple delivery locations to determine the most cost-effective and time-saving route to travel. Considers roadways, traffic, and safety in selecting route. Performs minor vehicle repairs if needed while enroute, such as flat tire change. Monitors vehicle maintenance records and takes vehicles in when needed for regular upkeep to maintain vehicles in good operating condition. Updates vehicle logs with mileage, refueling, and maintenance performed. Compiles data from logs to submit monthly vehicle reports for entry into the fleet management system. Completes forms and required reports on transport and disposal of any surplus state property. Trains and coaches new hires on safety practices and other job duties related to state vehicle usage. (30%)
- Assembles and installs furniture and equipment ordered by and delivered to HHS customers. Adjusts modular furniture installations to adapt to customer needs. Performs minor building repairs and maintenance such as painting, plumbing fixture adjustments, ceiling tile replacement.
- Assists with office moves by carrying, loading, transporting, and unloading office contents between HHS office locations. Oversees and directs activities of contractors hired for moves and modular furniture installation. Assists in the regional Quick Copy center with printing, copying, and delivery of requested documents. (10%)
- Performs shipping and receiving duties in the warehouse and regional mailroom. Includes physical receipt and inspection of packages delivered to the mailroom or warehouse; providing signature and confirmation of acceptable delivery. Documents receipt of purchased items using the CAPPS Financial system, confirming that items received match the original purchase order. Identifies intended recipients of warehouse/mailroom package deliveries, and arranges the routing and delivery of packages to HHS customers at their work location.
- Researches misrouted mail to determine appropriate recipient and ensure proper delivery. Processes outgoing mail and shipping of packages.
- Determines appropriate shipping method, weighs and affixes appropriate postage/shipping label and arranges for pickup. Maintains records on postage and packages/mail received and shipped. Uses online systems for vendors such as FedEx and Lone Star to create shipping accounts for HHS customers. (25%)
- Functions as a member of the Regional Disaster Deployment Team in delivering, setting up, and monitoring emergency equipment to disaster areas. Delivers, assembles and disassembles the inflatable Disaster Air Shelter Systems for use as temporary office locations following disasters. Can work extended hours and in a variety of environments both inside and outside. (10%)
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to perform basic building maintenance or repair such as painting, caulking, changing light bulbs.
- Knowledge of warehousing procedures, including safe use of motorized equipment for moving and securing materials.
- Ability to travel locally and across the state which can include overnight stays.
- Ability to prepare accurate records documenting vehicle maintenance, mileage and usage; compiling data and performing basic mathematical computations.
- Skill in use of standard agency computer hardware and software such as Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Ability to understand and utilize documentation systems such as CAPPS and CAFM.
- Knowledge of motor vehicle operations and basic maintenance, including safe cargo loading and unloading methods.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with customers, peers, and managers.
- Knowledge of State and Federal traffic rules and regulations for cargo and mail delivery.
- Ability to obey State and Federal traffic laws and follow safe practices in loading and unloading cargo.
- Ability to follow verbal and written directions for completing tasks, assembling basic items.
- Skill in managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to lift, pull, push, and/or carry 50 pounds.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment such as forklift, pallet jack, dolly.
- Ability to operated specialized equipment such as a postage meter, copier equipment, bindery equipment, or similar.
- Skill in operating motor vehicles including panel trucks and cargo vans, with or without a trailer.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma or GED is required.
- Skill in computer usage including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience to establish goals and objectives.
- Skill in gathering, analyzing, presenting statistical data and producing statistical reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Experience performing supervisory or managerial work.
- Experience developing guidelines, procedures, and rules.
- Experience monitoring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Experience managing multiple projects.
Company: State Of Texas Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McAlle,n TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A