Website State Of Texas Jobs
Are you ready to be professionally challenged? Are you looking to be part of a dynamic team of engaged and committed professionals? Then the Health and Specialty Care System (HSCS) may be just the place for you! The State Hospital System, under the HSCS is comprised of nine psychiatric hospitals located throughout the state and one youth residential psychiatric center in Waco. The HSCS is a hub of excellence for forensic mental health and complex psychiatric care, with all facilities accredited by The Joint Commission. The hospitals provide state-of-the-art treatment that is recovery-oriented and evidence-based. Whether in a direct-care or support role, your contribution will make a difference in the life of a Texan. Apply now to join our team.
- Cleans floors and applies finishes in accordance with established procedures and safety measures. Vacuums and uses mechanical extractor as required based on flooring.
- Helps individuals maintain optimal health and provides a safe environment for self, patients-served and others.
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Maintains and cleans the interior and exterior of assigned buildings and empties trash. Reports needed repairs.
- Helps maintain a clean working environment.
- Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
- Cleans nurse’s stations and isolation areas to prevent transmission of communicable diseases.
- Cleans and sanitizes restrooms and/or bathing areas, and empties trash to prevent the transmission of diseases. Provides a clean and safe environment for all patients by following Environmental Services and Infection Control procedures. Replenishes supplies as needed.
- Cleans floors, walls and furniture to assist patients in maintaining a clean, attractive, safe and sanitary environment. Removes linen, sanitizes beds, remakes beds, and empties trash.
- Completes documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand/walk on hard floors for extended period.
- Ability to work harmoniously and productively with co-workers and patients.
- Ability to work irregular hours.
- Ability to work safely with chemicals.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods, standards, and sanitation regulations.
- Skills in operating environmental services cleaning equipment preferred.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred; experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Some previous work experiences.
Company: State Of Texas Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Antonio, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A