Website State Of Texas Jobs
The Portfolio Project Manager for IT Organizational Maturity is selected by and accountable to the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Chief Information Officer (CIO) and the IT Chief of Staff. The position performs advanced (senior-level) Information Technology (IT) portfolio management work specifically related to the HHS information technology divisions’ organizational design, organizational maturity, performance management, talent management, succession planning. Work involves establishing and operating uniform principles, practices and processes for IT projects, program and portfolio management HHS system-wide; establishing the strategic IT portfolio plan; coordinating the planning and initiation of a portfolio of projects at various levels of completion; monitoring the progress, budgets, and schedules of portfolios; and communicating with portfolio and project stakeholders, management, and other relevant parties. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Ability to plan, direct and coordinate work activities as well as supervise and evaluate the work of others.
- Ability to analyze complex information and develop plans to address identified issues. Knowledge of leading state government IT project portfolios and overseeing complex information technology projects and programs.
- Ability to learn HHS organizational structures, policies and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ability to establish program goals and objectives that support the HHS strategic plan.
- Ability to plan and coordinate complex information technology projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information to a variety of audiences, verbally and in writing.
- Skill in defining customer requirements, securing project approval, establishing plans, managing budgeted resources, and assessing achievement of goals.
- Knowledge of Project, program and portfolio management principles and practices.
- Skill in negotiation, conflict resolution, decision-making, oral and written communication, and leadership.
- Knowledge of DIR’s Texas Project Delivery Framework.
- Skill in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Skill in effectively supervising staff by providing leadership, exercising authority, promoting employee development, and modeling and encouraging effective working relationships with stakeholders.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years of experience managing high performing teams and developing strategic workforce planning, employee engagement or organizational development.
- Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
Company: State Of Texas Jobs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A