This role contributes to Starbucks success by collaborating with all Store Development Managers within a region while supporting the existing store portfolio workload; developing/executing existing store relocation strategy; and leading the selection and lease negotiations for future retail sites within a defined portion of a given market area.
- Researches new and existing submarkets through broker networks, new market surveys and visits. Meets with landlords and city representatives.
- Responds to unsolicited site submittals.
- Functions as a key contact for information gathering and distribution to and from brokers, consultants and various other external and internal partners
- Coordinates the market planning process with an SDM, managing all aspects of market development, touring new markets, touring existing markets with anticipated renewals, remodels, requested relocations/expansions or potential closures and develops strategic plans.
- Assists with resolution of issues related to facilities, renovations and landlord improvements. Maintains active relationships with regional landlords. Oversees the negotiation of landlord issues, including but not limited to: store expansions, store relocations and property management issues. Advises on lease renewals for optimum profitability.
- Tracks key milestone project dates and communicates required information to all internal and external partners.
- Tours regions to visit and review under-performing assets (UPA’s). Responsible for optimizing and creating long term lease asset value.
- Works cross-functionally with all team members of the Store Development business unit.
- Market expertise – relationships with regional & national Landlords
- Negotiating skills – internal and external
- Communication and presentation skills
- Market planning & site selection strategy
- Understand lease language, understanding the LOI
- Full understanding of industry and real estate best practices and standards
Qualification & Experience:
- Effective communication and fundamental ability to influence
- Contributes to the success of a high performing team
- Ability to prepare and deliver effective presentations
- Intermediate project management skills
- Understanding of typical project timelines
- Basic knowledge of budget estimating
- Ability to interpret and make fundamental assessments and decisions based on data and reports
- Fundamental financial and market analytics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Application Deadline: N/A