The UX Researcher champions the needs and goals of customers and baristas across various Starbucks digital platforms including web, mobile and POS. Employing a variety of research methodologies, the UX Researcher brings the user to life in the design and development process and leverages methodologies to study user behavior on digital platforms. Using strong collaboration skills, the UX Researcher influences outcomes and proposes well-informed directions for design.
- Work closely with the design team to plan and organize user research such as customer interviews, card sorts, and usability studies, including both remote and in-person studies.
- Work with our analytics and customer insights team to understand market trends and behavioral data.
- Work with Product Managers and Stakeholders to understand and incorporate business requirements into the research.
- Interpret and communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways across different audiences and senior levels of leadership.
- Educate and evangelize the role of UX research across the organization.
- Dive deep in both qualitative and quantitative data to bring forward new insights that generate product innovations.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Experience of identifying various stakeholders’ needs and problems and communicating research plans, findings and insights over the course of projects
- Experience with all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, and communicating) and the digital product development lifecycle.
- Portfolio of relevant work samples performing both generative and evaluative research on digital products in a software development environment
- Applied experience with contextual interviews, focus group interviews, usability testing, remote testing, card sorts, tree tests, in-person testing, and survey design.
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science or relevant subjects
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/Design researcher
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred.
- Experience in accounting at a professional level, including journal entries, account reconciliation, reporting and analysis or equivalent experience.
- Experience using an ERP system and business intelligence and reporting tools (such as Hyperion and Oracle) preferred.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Public accounting experience preferred
- SEC reporting experience strongly preferred – 3+ years
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Finance
Job Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A