From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrates coffee and its rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing and supporting partners who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
The Starbucks experience starts in our Roasting Plants where we have a dedicated team of professional roasters and supporting process teams including planning, warehouse management, packaging, roasting, maintenance, engineering and logistics.
- Inspect, operate and maintain automated production equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Support food safety, legality and quality programs.
- Calibrate and validate quality testing equipment; perform all testing procedures according to established specifications.
- Monitor and document package quality using analytical tools; participate in out of specification and failure investigations.
- Train new personnel on proper operational procedures.
- Perform visual inspections of finished products; identify quality problems and recommend solutions.
- Understand and follow established safety guidelines, consistently comply with all safety procedures (e.g. PPE, Lock Out Tag Out).
- Troubleshoot equipment or system problems and make minor repairs.
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized work environment.
- Participate in process improvement activities.
- Inform appropriate manufacturing partners and supervisor of machine performance irregularities to minimize the impact of production downtime.
- Minimize production scrap, including materials and coffee product.
- Record operational and production data.
- Maintain product quality through adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices, Food Safety Preventative Controls, product specifications and quality procedures.
- Monitor and document quality measures using analytical tools.
- Demonstrate and understand safety as a core value and follows the key essentials to safety as set forth by our safety resolution; reinforce and coach others to do the same.
- Ability to train others and measure effectiveness
- Mechanical knowledge of automated machines and tools
- Performing quality tests using analytical tools (1 year)
- Regulated food manufacturing environment (1 year)
- Ability to work with a diverse team environment
- Ability to repair minor mechanical issues on machines and systems
- Ability to work in accordance with safety, quality and sanitation standards, policies and procedures
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Mechanical aptitude to troubleshoot minor machine failures and make minor adjustments (1 year)
- High school diploma/GED, US military service or equivalent
- Ability to work in accordance with quality, safety, and sanitation standards, policies and guidelines
- Ability to work variable shifts to support business needs
- Experience conducting quality tests and analyzing data
- Ability to understand written policies and guidelines, specifications and safety standards
- Basic math skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Operating manual and automated packaging equipment (2 years)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Kent, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A