From the beginning, Starbucks set out to be a different kind of company. One that not only celebrated coffee and the rich tradition, but that also brought a feeling of connection. We are known for developing extraordinary leaders who share this passion and are guided by their service to others.
We are seeking a Sustainability Technology Evangelist – a lead Enterprise Architect focusing on technology strategy and architecture to be part of Starbucks Coffee Company. This role will chart the course for the future of Starbucks and will be instrumental in showing the way to meet our critical corporate goals such as People Positive, Planet Positive, and Profit Positive.
- Analyze enterprise business context (trends and business strategy), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints, to derive the architecture future state.
- This includes defining the requirements, and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Understands disruptive forces and the business’s economic and financial levers that are susceptible to digital transformation to effectively guide technology investment decisions.
- Identify sustainability opportunities and product/platforms/solution intersections collaboratively with experts spanning the organization.
- Own the technical relationship and discovery with cross-functional leaders to create product-centric solutions to advance the sustainability cause.
- Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and the varying Tech strategies for project-driven or product-driven delivery teams.
- Assist with designing the governance activities associated with ensuring architecture compliance.
- Define high-level technology plans & capability roadmaps to address the gaps between the current and future state.
- Define metrics to measure and demonstrate architecture solution value.
- Collaborate to formulate external partnerships and qualify proposals from a technical perspective.
- Manage and continuously improve the design and implementation of Architecture processes and artifacts.
- Extensive experience with more than one business domain like Supply Chain, Packaging, Finance, Customer & Retail, Store Development, etc., with Azure/ AWS/ GCP or other cloud technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
- Experience and certification in TOGAF or other architecture frameworks is preferred
- Strong written, verbal communication skills along with strong “story telling” and presentation skills
- Basic knowledge of business process re-engineering principles and processes
- Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics.
- Familiarity with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks.
- Ability to define multiple solution options to business problems
- Ability to estimate the impact of individual solution architecture alternatives
- Ability to understand the long-term (“big picture”) and short-term perspectives of situations
- Understanding and use of Human Centered Design principles & methodologies
- Specialization in reporting, data analytics, and data architecture
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, system analysis, or equivalent experience required; MBA from top tier business schools desired
- Experience leading work in Environment, Social responsibility and Climate Sustainability required
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on design and implementation of tech solutions
- Minimum of 5 years as an Enterprise Architect
- Should have exposure to scale in leading complex systems, technologies in a large enterprise
- Knowledge of all aspects of enterprise architecture
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Seattle, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A