A role with Target Data Sciences means the chance to help develop and manage state of the art predictive algorithms that use data at scale to automate and optimize decisions at scale. Whether you join our Statistics, Optimization or Machine Learning teams, you’ll be challenged to harness Target’s impressive data breadth to build the algorithms that power solutions our partners in in Merchandising, Marketing, Supply Chain Optimization, Network Security and Personalization rely on.
- Strive for query optimization problems on large data sets.
- Synthesize analysis and results in compelling storylines and communicate to key stakeholders. You should have the ability to tell a story around the problem, the solution and the impact and value of implementing a solution
- Develop statistical models to drive lean and efficient analysis practices, providing metrics on model performance
- Design and build self-service dashboards using a mixture of analytical and visualization techniques to derive actionable insight from data to influences business and product decisions
- Democratize data and insights as you strive to deliver self-service tools to your partners and enable them to make better decisions quicker.
- Analyze and explore data in our Hadoop ecosystem, work with the product manager to design in-product experiments, analyze the results, and provide strategic recommendations.
- Define data to be collected for measuring the success of new product features or business strategies, define KPIs, and work with engineering on tracking and instrumentation of data.
- Execute solutions to business problems using data analysis, data mining, forecasting, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics
- Partner closely with our Product Managers and/or business partners to identify gaps in product offering by conducting comprehensive data analysis, and accelerating the analytics maturity (predictive & prescriptive) in key product areas
- Serve as an advocate of our data-driven culture, work with Product, Business and Engineering helping them use insights that will direct their efforts towards initiatives with the highest impact.
- Advanced SQL experience writing complex queries
- Strong experience in multiple analytics tools such as: SQL, Excel, R, Python, Hadoop/Hive, DOMO, Spark or equivalent data technologies
- Ability to identify and succinctly summarize roadblocks, constraints, and trade-offs, propose potential solutions and drive toward resolution
- MS degree with strong academic performance in a quantitative field or equivalent work experience
- Intellectually curious, high energy and possess a strong work ethic
- Collaborate with your peers for finding solutions to complex problems.
- Experience working with technical Product Managers and business leaders to develop product roadmaps and feature development
- Passion for problem solving and building ideal solutions
- Support conclusions with analytical evidence using descriptive statistics, basic inferential statistics and data visualizations
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of work experience in data science/analytics, consulting, product or engineering
- Professional work experience in a technology company, start-up, or other analytical roles including: A/B and MVT testing (design, execution and analysis) and predictive modeling
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Minneapolis, MN, US
Application Deadline: N/A