Website Spirit Airlines
On-time performance: Develop engineering responses to fleet performance, reliability and safety issues as prioritized by Engineering Management. Identify and implement fleet reliability improvements.
Regulatory compliance: Review ADs, FARs, SFARs, other agency requirements (e.g. EPA, FDA etc.) and develop necessary action to ensure compliance.
- Ability to interpret analytical reports, FARs, ADs and other engineering documents/drawings with guidance.
- Exhibits excellent interpersonal skills and communicates effectively verbally and in writing.
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings and related information.
- Utilizes technical problem-solving skills and analytical methods.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- Implementing changes as required to improve aircraft reliability.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments).
- Technical Services: Provide effective and timely solutions to requests from other departments (e.g. marketing, in-flight services etc.) that require Engineering’s technical evaluation. Develop cost effective and airworthy solutions.
- Supporting line and heavy maintenance in troubleshooting and providing corrective actions, including repair or deviation documentation for assigned discipline.
- Capable of conducting basic financial analysis to determine cost/benefit relationships.
- Ability to effectively generate detailed engineering documents with direct supervision.
- Multitasks and prioritizes multiple projects based on urgency and fleet impact.
- Configuration Management: Update aircraft manuals and drawings with changes due to repairs & alterations to ensure NKS aircraft specification is always consistent and up-to-date.
- Ability and willingness to travel at any time to offsite locations and work outside in any weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work beyond the normal 40 hours per week, including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneDrive, etc.) and common engineering drawing practices (GD&T).
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Previous Airbus experience strongly preferred. Experience with A320 family is ideal.
- Valid U.S. Driver’s license and valid passport required.
- Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply.
- Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you do not receive it. *
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent level of practical experience in an aircraft structures technical discipline.
- 0-2 years of relevant experience within technical field.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Safety
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A