Website Spirit Airlines
The Analyst, Ancillary Revenue achieves its revenue goals through revenue maximizing strategies for different ancillary products such as bags, seats, product bundles and others. The analyst will research, create, and test new ways to improve ancillary revenue using pricing and revenue management techniques. Additionally, the analyst will work with marketing to develop pricing and strategy for new ancillary products.
- Research, respond, and resolve all customer inquiries, complaints, and compliments in a timely and through manner. Educate customers on company policies related to their specific travel needs.
- Accurate & Timely Responses: Resolve all customer inquiries, compliments and complaints by thoroughly researching and providing accurate and well written responses.
- May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate (e.g., emergencies change in workload, rush jobs, or technical developments).
- 1-3 years of experience.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move
- objects, including the human body. Involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Domestic & International travel under 10% of time.
Company: Spirit Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Miramar, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A