SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
The Starship Offshore Engineering team is seeking a mechanical engineer to design, build, and activate fluid systems in support of the development of marine based launch and landing pads for the Starship program.
- Develop initial system/component requirement and specifications
- Support build, activation, and future launch and landing operations in a technical leadership role.
- Interface with local land-based and maritime regulatory entities: NASA, Air Force, U.S. Coast Guard and American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) in support of the commissioning of new assets.
- Perform detailed system and component level analysis (e. g. pressure drop, flow analyses, heat loads, stress analysis)
- Prepare technical models, piping and instrumentation diagrams, drawings and specifications for the construction, operation, and maintenance of marine assets
- Lead the design, build, operation, and maintenance of fluid systems supporting the development of starship offshore rocket launch and landing assets.
- Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX locations as necessary
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- 50 hour work week is typical, and may vary depending on site operational needs, flexibility is required
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, marine engineering, aerospace engineering, chemical engineering, physics, or other engineering discipline
- 1+ years of experience designing and building fluid systems: compressed gas, hydraulic, cryogenic, or HVAC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A