SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
- Collaborate with other engineers to plan and organize the development of our products.
- Develop prototypes to prove out key design concepts and quantify technical constraints.
- Participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Develop highly reliable and available software systems for our low latency, high capacity satellite-based global software defined network.
- Design and implement highly available, fault-tolerant network that operates for long periods of time with minimal maintenance at scale.
- Creative approach to problem solving, exceptional analytical skills and engineering fundamentals.
- Strong skills in debugging, performance optimization, and unit testing.
- Solid fundamental knowledge of networks, electronics, math, and physics.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements.
- Developed, debugged and deployed software that has been used in real world applications/projects.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with security issues associated with distributed systems and internet services.
- Experience with networking protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Experience in C++ for high performance systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline OR 2+ years of experience in software development.
- Development experience in C, C++, python, or mobile development languages.
- Deep understanding of testing, continuous integration, build, deployment & continuous monitoring.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A