Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- The Southwest Business Sales Development Representative serves as the initial point of contact between potential new accounts and/or key decision makers and the Southwest Business Team.
- The primary responsibility of the role is to prospect and qualify new opportunities with businesses of all sizes who have significant volume of business travel to help drive new account acquisition and key contact identification to help the Southwest Business Team achieve revenue goals.
- The Sales Development Representative will also have the opportunity to partner cross-functionally with marketing to engage in various lead generation projects and campaigns.
- To be successful in this role, a Sales Development Representative should demonstrate a sense of urgency, a proclivity to achieve, effective cold call/email skills, experience developing leads from marketing campaigns, an ability to quickly research and identify key decision makers, and a successful track record of meeting insides sales quotas.
- Grow Southwest Airlines corporate account base through effective consultative cold calling, qualifying, managing lead generation strategies, and relationship ownership with an emphasis on small corporate accounts
- Enroll, educate, and increase Southwest Airlines market-share and incremental business with small companies as well as qualifying and escalating medium, large, and global account leads through the sales pipeline
- Capable of lifting boxes up to 50 pounds and the ability to stand for long hours for national trade shows and presentations.
- Ensures that sales activities and projects are completed on schedule following established procedures
- Knowledgeable on the airline industry and competition, specifically regarding small and medium products and programs
- Ability to prospect, cold call, and qualify corporate clients, within and outside the Southwest Airlines network
- Must have adequate presentation skills, with the ability to effectively present to large audiences
- Ability to absorb direction quickly to achieve sales performance metrics
- Ability to confidently represent the Team and work collaboratively in cross-functional projects and meetings
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
- Business Administration and/or a Sales concentration preferred
- One Year Sales/Marketing experience or equivalent airline experience required
- Previous experience with Salesforce.com preferred
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering
Job Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A