Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- Analyzes and resolves multiple complex problems without direction.
- Tests and implements system enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity.
- Understands dependency identification processes in technology work, verifies information and carefully reviews and checks the accuracy of own work.
- Communicates and collaborates with external vendors regarding knowledge sharing and direction.
- Partners with production testers to identify defects and complete testing.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and applies to day –to-day work.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Partners to maintain systems, manages escalation issues and regular functionality.
- Triages, researches potential defects, and completes repairs. Transition of features to Business support.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Partners and leads communication within internal and cross-functional teams to achieve goals.
- Maintains established procedures and standards to ensure high quality and quantity of work.
- Responsible for and oversees immediate response and maintenance to production program issues.
- Strong knowledge of network topologies operating systems, hardware, and software configurations and repair, training development, and instructional techniques.
- Strong knowledge of a large multi-platform environment including but not limited to: Microsoft, Cisco and VMware. They will also need to have experience with storage area networks, LAN, WAN, wireless networks, virtualization, firewalls, routers and more.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise operational policies and procedures.
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills and be able to work in matrixed environment that includes Employees, Vendors, and Managed Services.
- Demonstrated understanding of business and capable of coaching and developing team to improve their knowledge of business applications and their impact on business functions.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience developing REST based web services, preferred.
- Experience working with or building applications using Micro services architecture, preferred.
- Experience writing unit tests and integration tests, preferred.
- 2 years experience working on an Agile Development Team, preferred.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, organization, problem solving, and prioritization skills, preferred.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to take time to think things through and do them the right way, preferred.
- Track record of delivering valuable software and the ability to reason about it, preferred.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Corporate
Job Location: Houston, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A