Website Southwest Airlines
The Sr Analyst is responsible for maximizing passenger revenue in assigned markets of up to $500M annually, mentoring others and contributing to training, in addition to owning complex analytical responsibilities.
- Monitor and adjust showrate forecast quality.
- Serve as a mentor and a Leader in Revenue Management.
- Maintain market forecaster fare inputs for assigned markets.
- Leads or initiates analytical project outside of own markets.
- Manage group and charter requests from inventory perspective.
- Deep understanding of RM forecast system and associated tools.
- Conduct analysis on flight level financial performance metrics.
- Manage holidays and events and make forecast adjustments as needed.
- Manage proactive and reactive pricing from an inventory perspective.
- Provide internal Customer Service to Customer Relations and Operations.
- Work with Forecasts Analysts to determine strategy for demand forecasts.
- Proficient use of SQL, Access and Excel to synthesize large amounts of data.
- Confirm sale availability/make O&D reference fare adjustments when necessary.
- Provide market-specific strategic pricing recommendations designed to enhance revenue.
- Create and manage flight level inventory controls, including post analysis after application.
- Monitor fare initiatives in assigned markets and work with Pricing Team to identify potential pricing actions.
- Identify outliers in forecasting system and make appropriate actions (for the most difficult and complex O&Ds).
- Develop senior-level reports and presentations for Leadership and other departments on performance and future initiatives.
- Represents Yield and Revenue Management in cross-Team discussions; is qualified to speak on behalf of Yield Team in external setting.
- Determine overbooking settings for assigned markets; research and report performance of overbooking, spoilage and other optimization overrides.
- Takes comprehensive view of market ownership; is able to see ahead and move forward with requisite course of action without being instructed by Leader.
- Research fare structures and product clusters in forecaster to determine how pricing adjustments impact demand forecasts and make adjustments as necessary.
- Proactively monitor and analyze nonstop market performance and forecast quality to identify opportunities for revenue growth and adjust forecasts accordingly (expert forecasts and market change adjustments).
- Demonstrated analytical ability.
- Ability to make decision in an ambiguous environment.
- Handles complex analyses well with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with SQL, Access and Excel.
- Routinely goes beyond simple numerical checks in quality control.
- Structures and writes concise communications with limited Manager guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data, draw implications and modify approach.
- Creates tracking mechanism and actively follows-up to gauge impact of actions.
- Maintains high quality of work even in complex situations with tight deadlines.
- Commences work on own and provides unsolicited checkpoints to leader on progress.
- Consistently takes big picture into account in decision stream and makes right decision.
- Identifies project/analysis opportunities and is able to prioritize in context of other work.
- Uses data to synthesize action plan and can clearly communicate interpretation of data to others.
- Able to identify relevant items for communication both internally and externally without being coached by Leader.
- Develops action plans that incorporate type of action, degree, and direction that translate into appropriate action.
- Prioritizes own work and actively makes trade-offs to move items with highest revenue opportunity or greatest sense of urgency to prime importance.
Qualification & Experience:
- 2 years in Revenue Management or analytical experience required (1 year in Pricing and 1 year on Yield Teams preferred).
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in Finance, Economics, Math, Business or Engineering).
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent education required.
- Writing SQL (can write simple native SQL statements and edit/comprehend intermediate SQL statements)
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Analyst
Job Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A