Website Southwest Airlines
Southwest will provide a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every Southwest Customer.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Responsible for providing innovative solutions to proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability in order to resolve escalations of high complexity.
- Responsible for developing and executing against solution strategies and business plans that support business expansion
- In collaboration with Enterprise Architecture, sets the platform strategy and road map.
- Maintain awareness of technology trends in area of responsibility and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Meet commitments and deliverables as related to leading projects and/or project oversight.
- Proactively identify problems, plan solutions, recommend software and systems, and coordinate developments in an orderly manner to meet business requirements. Including but not limited to: monitor and test performance and capacity for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with partners to implement fixes.
- Responsible for vendor management, partner governance, and oversight to deploy systems which are complete, designed and managed over life cycles.
- Able to develop, present, and effectively communicate complex ideas and strategies in both technical and user-friendly language to a variety of audiences.
- Expert partnering, negotiation, and communication skills in working with Business Customers and Technology support.
- Ability to complete and mentor others to perform troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, solution development, and implementation within specific technology areas.
- Additional job skills include, but are not limited to: excellent project management skills, excellent written, oral and interpersonal communications skills, and excellent analytical/creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems of high complexity, requiring expert knowledge of hardware components, systems, software, and networking technologies.
- Expert knowledge of systems development methodologies, practices, concepts, and technologies obtained through formal training and or work experience. Mentoring and leading Engineers.
- 5 Years Work experience as a Systems Engineer or equivalent role required.
- 2 Years experience as a technical lead or team lead preferred.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Corporate
Job Location: Dallas, TX, USA
Application Deadline: N/A