Website Southwest Airlines
Advanced experience in designing, writing program code, testing, documenting, and implementing functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well-integrated application systems in accordance with Customer requirements, organizational methodologies, and standards. Identifies and prevents production problems and implement immediate resolution efforts across technology areas. Mentoring Software Engineers, holistic vision of organization and impact, focusing on “shift left” activities.
- May perform other job duties as directed by Employee’s Leaders.
- Mentors Engineers on responding to production program issues and coaches on resolution.
- Expert lead on production and testing to identify defects.
- Leads testing and implement system enhancements using techniques that preserve system integrity and drives a results-oriented environment.
- Develops, tests and operates end-to-end software solutions using machine learning, related optimization, and knowledge systems.
- Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound, and well integrated.
- Defines procedures, standards, measurements, accountability, and promotes quality and quantity of work.
- Subject matter expert level influence for scope of solutions.
- Remains abreast of industry trends and develops business cases for changes.
- Measures and defines parameters for transitioning of features into a production environment.
- Leads consistent forms of communication within teams while facilitating Tech sessions for updates and idea sharing.
- Partners, leads, and collaborates with all levels vertically from team-members up to Senior leaders.
- Communication with external parties and industry consortium to enhance knowledge and identify opportunities for teams.
- Leads team to find best solution and offering thought leadership while ideating and challenging group think.
- Embodies Agile best practices and continuous improvement.
- Must be able to meet any physical ability requirements listed on this description.
- Identifies strengths and weaknesses of solutions while researching pros/cons of alternative options.
- Understands and can estimate efforts and value for solutions accurately and consistently.
Company: Southwest Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Customer Service
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A