Website Smart & Final
The Part-Time Associate is the key to our success!
Stores count on Part-Time Associates to provide excellent customer service, keep the shelves fully stocked with good, fresh food and create an all around great shopping experience for our customers.
- Offer friendly, knowledgeable, efficient and courteous assistance to customers by providing them with current store and product information.
- Set up advertising/promotional displays. Reviews invoices/bills for accuracy.
- Perform basic bookkeeping duties. Record lost/damaged goods and store supplies using appropriate tools.
- Operate a cash register, receives payment from customers, and makes change or processes check/charge/debit transactions. Processes cash and/or credit refunds, when approved by management.
- Maintain a store section as assigned and may order, receive and stock merchandise using proper equipment, assures proper pricing on merchandise, checks product date codes to validate proper rotation, stocks shelves, end displays, floor stacks, displays and refrigerated/frozen cases. May prepare perishable products for sale.
- When requested, load customer purchases by assisting customers to their vehicles.
- Clean and maintain sanitation standards in all interior and exterior areas of store and parking lot as directed by store management.
- Verify customer eligibility when selling alcoholic beverages.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 45 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Read and write English, interact with general public and co-workers.
- Write simple correspondence.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, product labels, product pricing codes, shelf tags, short correspondence, and memos.
Company: Smart & Final
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Administrative
Job Location: Sacramento, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A