The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to Sephora Logistics with regard to highly automated material handling systems, facilities improvement, ergonomic design, productivity and throughput, production methods and procedures, systems development and implementation and budgeting.
- Act as a contact for material handling equipment vendors.
- Analyzes current operating plan to determine opportunities for improving the operations process and workflow
- Assist with capital improvement projects, including additional production lines or increased work volume and develop estimates for the equipment, systems, and personnel needed to complete various projects.
- Conduct operations forecasting for staffing, assets, and facility need to ensure ability to meet service commitment.
- Develop and maintain labor standards and the productivity monitoring system for the DC’s.
- Develop cost benefit analyses and financial models to support the DC’s requirements, designs, and alternative selections to existing systems.
- Develop various conceptual, alternative, and installation drawings.
- Develops Work Measurement to optimize operating plan
- Develops solutions to operational issues and provides recommendations to improve operations.
- Identifies issues that require training or re-training to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Maintains self-development, communications, and reporting.
- Optimize current processes within the distribution-order fulfillment centers through the development and implementation of improved procedures, systems, and equipment.
- Perform time and motion analysis to support production standards.
- Provide technical support to the Maintenance, Operations, and I.T. departments within the facilities.
- Provides training to management for implementation of new procedures, processes, services, and technology to maintain operational effectiveness.
- Research ergonomic and safety issues in the facilities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Works with operations management team to implement changes in the operations to reach desired cost reduction and service improvements.
- Experience with top tier Labor Reporting Systems, MOST and Standards Pro. Experience with Red Prairie, JDA Manhattan or equivalent LMS
- Five or more years of related industrial engineering experience, completing multi-variable work measurements and developing labor standards, process improvement, and network optimization projects within a distribution environment.
- MS Office Suite with strong MS Excel skills, MS Access, and Visio.
- Previous experience with Distribution planning models (square footage, labor, staffing, etc.) and awareness of material handling technology applications is preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Olive Branch, MS, USA
Application Deadline: N/A