Website Rite Aid
The primary purposes of this position are to assist the Store Manager with the operation of the retail store, to maximize profit and loss (P&L) performance by executing company policies and procedures, and to provide superior customer service. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and applicable laws.
• Analyze operating reports and make recommendations for improvement.
• Assist the Pharmacy department when there is a high volume of customers.
• Assist with the general maintenance and appearance of the store by ensuring a safe and pleasing environment for both customers and associates; request store maintenance when required.
• Ensure that all outdated product and product with less than 30 days until expiration is removed from the sales floor to be processed through the established returns process.
• Ensure the store opens and closes at the appropriate time and the proper procedures are followed for cash transactions and bank deposits.
• Execute weekly sales ads and price changes; process recalled, damaged, outdated, and transferred merchandise.
• Interact with vendors to order ad, seasonal, and basic merchandise and ice cream (where applicable) for the store.
• Manage the adherence to all regulatory and compliance legislation and policies.
• Merchandise the seasonal aisle and non-seasonal, basic, and seasonal end-caps; ensure all merchandise is set up according to plan-o-grams received from the corporate office.
• Prepare the retail store for physical inventory by ensuring merchandise on the sales floor and in the stock room is in order and easy to access.
• Provide leadership and development for associates by communicating career opportunities, providing regular performance feedback.
• Receive merchandise deliveries from vendors and Rite Aid distribution centers; verify vendor invoice information is accurate and enter vendor invoices into the accounts payable system.
• Remain knowledgeable of the One-Hour Photo department and film processing, if applicable.
-Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
-Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
-Ability to pass drug test.
-Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
-Ability to work day or evening hours.
-Ability to work weekends and extended days on an occasional basis.
-Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
-Accuracy and attention to detail.
-Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least two (2) years of experience in retail, food service, restaurant or customer service industry, preferably at a supervisor level.
- Two (2) year college degree or equivalent combination of experience/education.
Company: Rite Aid
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Store Associates
Job Location: Portland, OR, USA
Application Deadline: N/A