Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
This is an International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 1245 represented classification, which has over 100 years of experience representing employees at PG&E. This job is subject to collective bargaining.
Apprentice Telecommunications Technicians, work as an assistant to or under the general direction of a Telecommunications Technician. They will assist to install, test and maintain telecommunications systems, including but not limited to intercommunication systems, telephone voice over IP systems, PBX, voice and data-switching systems, major operations computers, supervisory, power and telephone line carriers, microwave, SCADA Control systems , fiber optics, multiplex, radio – both voice and data, remote signal and remote control equipment, load frequency control, telemetering equipment, power systems including UPS, DC chargers and large battery banks.
- Learn to install and maintain remote solar systems
- Work safely and promote safety for yourself and others.
- Report problems to local management and escalate issues as need be.
- Keep PG&E’s communication systems operational to support both business and communication networks needed to provide electricity to our customers.
- Learn to Install and maintain pressure, level & flow instrumentation
- Learn to install, calibrate, troubleshoot & replace various telemetry equipment to maintain the integrity of our canals and power houses
- Work with our Telecommunication Control Center to ensure that outages are minimized and clients are informed through a clearance process.
- Provide maintenance and repair of these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Able and willing to perform physical activities as mentioned in the job posting (with accommodation, if required)
- Must be able to work with and/or around helicopters, bucket trucks and substations.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License
- Must be able to climb towers and be comfortable with heights
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Able and willing to work in, with and around water
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
- Must possess a valid Radio Telephone Operator License – FCC or Company-approved certificate
- Work around poison oak, snakes, spiders, and insects.
Qualification & Experience:
- Technical training background
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Live within 50 miles
- Demonstrated work experience/knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Leadership experience
- Possess communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possess Federal Communications General Radio Telephone License
- Associate degree or technical certification in IT, Computer Science or Electronics
- Military experience
- SCADA & Substation Experience
- Ability to foster teamwork, collaborative environment
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Seattle, WA, US
Application Deadline: N/A