Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
An Equipment Mechanic is a journey-level position. Equipment Mechanics are professional mechanics with a solid knowledge and background in a wide variety of mechanical skills. Skills include, but are not limited to, equipment service and repair of mobile hydraulics, aerial hydraulics, OSHA boom inspections, CHP BIT Inspections, air brakes, electrical and electronic systems, diesel and gasoline powered vehicles and equipment. Equipment Mechanics are responsible for the maintenance, inspection and repair of company owned utility-related equipment.
- Diagnostics: Conducts visual, auditory and operational inspection of vehicles and equipment to identify and troubleshoot problems for repair; identifies problem causes; researches problems via repair manuals, schematics, OEM’s, service bulletins and other mechanics as needed
- Repairs/Rebuilds Vehicles & Components: Uses hand tools and power tools to disassemble, access and re- assemble equipment or components; removes and replaces broken or worn parts (such as cylinders, brakes and gaskets); performs tune-ups and electrical repairs
- Maintenance: Perform preventative maintenance and inspections as required on all types of mobile equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Ability to work flexible schedules, extended hours, nights, weekends, and/or overtime (scheduled or ad hoc)
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Must be capable of climbing on, under and around equipment.
- Must be capable of bending and twisting using proper safety techniques.
- Must be physically able to kneel, squat or crawl as needed.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Minimum one year experience with heavy duty diesel equipment and/or vehicles
- Minimum one year experience with regulated inspections such as Cal OSHA Boom Inspections and CHP BIT Inspections
- Must have own tools and tool box
- Demonstrated experience with reading and interpreting schematics and blueprints
- Minimum one year experience with vehicle electrical systems and electronic computer-controlled systems Demonstrated experience with welding and fabricating
- Minimum one year experience with air brakes Minimum one year experience with hydraulics
- 4 or more years experience as a certified Journey-level Mechanic working with light, medium and/or heavy-duty equipment service and repair
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A