Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Information Systems Technology Services is a unified organization comprised of various departments which collaborate effectively in order to deliver high quality technology solutions.
Apprentice Telecommunications Technicians, work as an assistant to or under the general direction of a Telecommunications Technician. They will assist to install, test and maintain telecommunications systems, including but not limited to intercommunication systems, telephone voice over IP systems, PBX, voice and data-switching systems, major operations computers, supervisory, power and telephone line carriers, microwave, SCADA Control systems , fiber optics, multiplex, radio – both voice and data, remote signal and remote control equipment, load frequency control, telemetering equipment, power systems including UPS, DC chargers and large battery banks.
- Work safely and promote safety for yourself and others.
- Learn to Install and maintain pressure, level & flow instrumentation
- Learn to install, calibrate, troubleshoot & replace various telemetry equipment to maintain the integrity of our canals and power houses
- Learn to install and maintain remote solar systems
- Keep PG&E’s communication systems operational to support both business and communication networks needed to provide electricity to our customers.
- Report problems to local management and escalate issues as need be.
- Provide maintenance and repair of these systems in a timely and professional manner.
- Work with our Telecommunication Control Center to ensure that outages are minimized and clients are informed through a clearance process.
- Must possess a High School diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must possess a valid Radio Telephone Operator License – FCC or Company-approved certificate
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds a minimum of one time a day
- Able and willing to perform physical activities as mentioned in the job posting (with accommodation, if required)
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License
- Must be able to wear company provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to work with and/or around helicopters, bucket trucks and substations.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to climb towers and be comfortable with heights
- Ability to drive safely in all weather and road conditions
- Work around poison oak, snakes, spiders, and insects.
- Ability to work in all types of weather extremes
- Able and willing to work in, with and around water
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to foster teamwork, collaborative environment
- Possess Federal Communications General Radio Telephone License
- Military experience
- Live within 50 miles
- Possess communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated work experience/knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- SCADA & Substation Experience
- Leadership experience
- Technical training background
- Associate degree or technical certification in IT, Computer Science or Electronics
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bakersfield, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A