Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
This is a journey-level Project Engineer job that requires mastery of the Associate level Project Engineer skills and duties and provides complete engineering & design, project management, and technical support to O&M staff for a wide range of moderately complex issues and multiple medium to large capital and expense improvements to power generation and infrastructure facilities. The position requires a comprehensive knowledge of job functions and proficiency in applying sound engineering and project management principals; recognition as a professionally licensed engineer; a working knowledge of industry practices, standards, and equipment; ability to develop and implement all aspects of multiple assigned projects; use of independent judgment; enhanced verbal and written communication skills; and ability to work with minimal supervision. Job duties will vary by assignment. Responsibilities may include Privileged and Confidential work.
- Collaboratively with supervisor and Project Manager, solicits, prepares, and evaluates contracts and proposals, including EPC from engineering and/or project management consultants, equipment vendors, and construction firms, and directs resulting work. Reviews consultant contracts for technical compliance.
- Works with supervisors and others to represent PG&E to internal and external organizations as required
- Performs and/or reviews engineering analyses and studies, detailed scope, viable alternatives, conceptual designs, and recommended fixes to ensure safe/reliable operation of generation assets.
- Identifies gaps between current business practices and stated objectives and provides recommendations for process improvements to address gaps.
- Approves and stamps technical reports, specifications, new drawings, and revisions to existing drawings for projects.
- Leads design and/or project management efforts for moderately complex generation projects that can be discipline specific, multi-discipline, or programmatic in nature.
- Other job duties as assigned as related to Engineering and Project Management.
- Proactively controls scope, schedule, cost, and quality of designs and projects throughout project life cycle; including coordinating related activities of all project internal & external stakeholders.
- Interprets and applies applicable codes
- Provides broad and in-depth technical support to O&M as needed including incident investigation and development of corrective actions.
- Current and active California PE license
- Mastery of the Associate level Project Engineer job duties and demonstrated leadership, knowledge, and ability to perform the job duties of the Journey level Project Engineer. Meets specific technical requirements gained through a minimum of three years of cumulative experience in project engineering, design, and construction.
Qualification & Experience:
- Civil Engineering Degree
- Project Management Certification
- A 4-year BS Degree in Engineering from an accredited curriculum in the US or the equivalent from outside the US is required.
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chico, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A