Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
The Electric Quality Verification (QV) Specialist conducts field assessments on PG&E’s electric transmission line and substation facilities. These work assessments focus on verifying the quality of:
Substation work and inspections as required by GO 174.
Maintenance work performed by Substation Maintenance crews in conjunction with Substation inspections and planned Corrective (LC) notifications to ensure facilities are repaired/constructed per the requirements of PG&E Construction and Maintenance Standards
Ability to travel 50% of time within the PG&E service territory
- Partners with division leaders on identifying root causes, trends, process improvements and in implementing solutions.
- Understands, demonstrates and coaches lower level peers on all company and regulatory safety practices and requirements.
- Establish new processes for emergent quality control audit requests
- Lead tailboard discussions with Compliance Inspectors and Construction Crews within all divisions
- Responsible for resolving gaps between external requirements and internal standards.
- Facilitates post verification review meetings. Summarizes and presents complex findings to leaders. Uses advanced communication skills to determine appropriate content for target audience. Conveys findings and recommendations seeking buy in on recommendations. Develops new methods for communicating issues, concerns and best practices.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time within the PG&E service territory
- Validates quality of completed work by using advanced knowledge of maintenance and construction standards and general orders. Leads cross-division special projects or initiatives. Is the go-to lead and subject-matter expert.
- Provides aid and coaching to lower level peers, including on the job training for new Senior Specialists. May handle questions regarding more complex verification situations. Acts as a technical resource for maintenance and construction field supervisors.
- Performs additional audit, quality verification and/or validation activities to support compliance with GO 165, 95, 128 and 174 or to support other regulatory audit requirements.
- Works independently, utilizing advanced knowledge of electric utility regulatory general orders to complete deep reviews and analysis of the maintenance and construction work, uncovers complex findings and root causes and prepare comprehensive recommendations for leadership.
- Conduct quality control audits in headquarters where a Specialist has vacated
- Facilitates updates to Call book with new calls that requires research of General Orders and Construction Standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of General Orders 165, 95 and 128
- Excellent understanding of the Electric Transmission Preventive Maintenance Program
- Advanced knowledge of the requirements of the Substation Maintenance and Construction Manual
- Strong data analysis and reporting skills
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word skills. Proficiency with PowerPoint
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Broad knowledge of root cause investigation methods and techniques
- Previous experience as Journey Lineman, Field Engineer Technician, M&C Coordinator, Quality Auditor
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in job-related discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of five years of current technical experience as a journeyman electrician or higher AND working with and interpreting technical documents, drawings, and diagrams
- High School Diploma or GED
- 7 years of total relevant experience
- Valid CA Driver’s License
- Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Visalia, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A