Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
The Operations Systems Engineer, Expert, Network Applications will report to the Supervisor, Operations Systems and be a member of the EMS Network Applications team. This group consists of EMS Engineers who provide operational support of tools utilized by Electric Grid Operations (EGO) and Transmission Operations Engineering (TOE). Coordinate with EMS major project leads. Participate in strategic planning and engineering analysis on EMS infrastructure. Work with program managers and partner with other departments (i.e. IT, System Automation) for their support in completing critical work, managing system performance and controlling costs
- Provide support to EMS Operations including EMS On-Call duties as needed.
- Design, develop and implement modification to EMS system models to reflect ongoing changes to the transmission, generation and SCADA systems
- Assist in the development and operationalization of procedures and ensure compliance with applicable NERC Standards.
- Timely response to control center personnel for information or solution to power system application problems (Powerflow, State Estimation, Contingency Analysis)
- Technical lead on projects involving multiple departments and overseeing project completion.
- Participate in the effort for integration of Synchrophasor data into existing EMS tools such as state estimation. Perform software testing for Synchrophasor applications such as oscillation detection, phase angle monitoring, situational awareness, voltage stability, etc.
- Responsible for identifying and addressing gaps in EMS processes.
- Act as a subject matter expert for supporting the real-time applications – state estimator, contingency analysis (with RAS/SPS modeled), voltage stability and transient stability. Ensure robust, high quality solutions by tuning the network model and correcting issues with real-time telemetry, models, etc.
- Competitive candidates must have strong technical and analytical skills.
- The ability to model the components which comprise a high voltage transmission network. This would include, but not be limited to transmission lines, transformers, generators, loads, etc.
- Competitive candidates should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to take initiative.
- Operational knowledge of the PG&E Transmission System.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Extensive knowledge of the GE Grid Solutions/Alstom EMS
- Working proficiency with industry standard power flow analysis applications.
- Advanced level knowledge in EMS advanced applications (state estimation and contingency analysis), voltage stability analysis, transient stability analysis, Synchrophasor based analysis tools.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7years of experience in power system or control system engineering.
- 10 years of work experience supporting advance power system such as Power Flow and State Estimation within the Bulk Electric System.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: N/A