Website Pacific Gas and Electric Company
The men and women of Electric Operations ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers. Electric Operations is responsible for every aspect of PG&E’s electric distribution and transmission operations, including planning, engineering, maintenance and construction, asset management, business planning, restoration and emergency response.
- Forecasts work and matches with appropriate short and long term resource plan. Supports resource need for Environmental Services (SPCC) and Civil Standards development.
- Provides support and solicits feedback from other departments (Electrical Engineering, Maintenance, Construction, Operations, Project Management, etc.) regarding all civil aspects of the projects.
- Looks for and recommends process changes to improve civil design productivity, quality and customer focus. Supports related department initiatives.
- Stays abreast of applicable civil standards and requirements.
- Encourages teamwork, commitment, and quality work products, while following the ESC contract. Manages bargain unit employees.
- Plans for internal civil workload and recommends workload to be contracted. Supports contract work through careful drawing control and design quality as required.
- Assigns individual and team projects to balance project requirements with resource availability. Tracks schedule and cost performance, and ensures delivery of high quality civil engineering products.
- Promotes and ensures safety by conducting safety tailboards in group meetings, and encouraging employees to be safe at home or work or while driving by adhering to safety rules.
- Leads a civil engineering team that provides support for substation projects throughout the designated service territory. Promotes accountability through recognition, coaching, training and development.
- Participates in key project meetings and provides technical expertise as needed.
- Experience with supervision in civil project and design engineering
- Leadership and presentation skills
- Proficient written and oral communication skills
- Leadership skills in driving work progress and improving work processes
- Knowledge of Engineers and Scientists (ESC) Union Contract.
- Collaboration, influence and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of civil engineering practices, standards and implementation.
Qualification & Experience:
- A 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited curriculum in the US or equivalent from outside the US.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in civil engineering including at least one year experience in electric substations.
- Licenses/Certification: current and active California PE license required.
Company: Pacific Gas and Electric Company
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA
Application Deadline: N/A