Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Senior Telecom Engineer to be based in Sharjah, UAE.
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies. We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
- Administer to preparation of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of Telecom equipment and packages. Review the vendor equipment’s compatibility and compliance with the scope of client specifications. Coordinate with procurement, ascertain expedite of materials and equipment to site.
- Review of Plot plans, General Arrangement (GA) drawings, Block Diagrams, Equipment Layouts, Cable Routing Layouts, and other relevant documents.
- Provide inputs for the preparation of plot plans; organize the issuance of engineering drawings and technical documents for Inter-Discipline Checks (IDC’s) coordinate with other engineering disciplines in the integration of data inputs.
- Responsible to review and approval of EPC Contractor’s Engineering and Vendor documents under PMC role in compliance with Contract, Project Standards, international codes and standards with budgeted man-hour and project schedules.
- Establish contract review criteria, identify, and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to projects/client.
- Liaise effectively with End User, Client, Contractor and Vendor to adhere compliance with the Contractual obligations and ensure smooth Project completion.
- Review / Approval of Technical Document Register (TDR) as per Contract requirements, Design basis, Project specifications, Data sheets, Inquiry requisitions inline with scope of work.
- Review / Approval of VDR, vendor design calculations, drawings, and other documents to ensure the compliance with client equipment specifications and are within budgeted man-hours.
- Interface and regularly meet with client and vendor representatives, conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance with schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with projects and planning departments on schedule related issues. Update TDR progress reports.
- Verify Voltage Drop Calculations, Optical Budget Margins, Radio Frequency Propagation Studies, Acoustic Study Reports.
- Identify equipment parameters including capacity, controls, power supply, material of construction, pressure requirements, limitations of operating environment and other parameters.
- Participate in the technical evaluation of vendor bid offers. Direct and provide guidance in the Technical Bid Evaluations (TBE).
- Knowledge in the use of Radio Link Budgeting, Optical Link Budgeting and Acoustic Level Prediction Applications.
- Exposure to EPC environments
- Knowledge in detailed Engineering projects.
- In depth knowledge with standard international specifications and codes i.e. IEC, ITU and ISO codes
- Good knowledge of international equipment costs
- Thorough Knowledge of Safety and Quality Procedures.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Project Management
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A