Petrofac Well Engineering (formerly SPD Ltd) is an independent specialist Well Engineering company with an absolute focus on our core expertise. Our objective is to stimulate creative dialogue with our clients to optimize total project value. Well Engineering has a wealth of experience planning and managing well operations projects worldwide. The initial company, SPD Ltd, was established in Dubai in 2002 and has worked in over 50 countries, for over 100 operators and in all drilling scenarios and terrains.
- He / She should be conversant with conventional as well as side-wall coring operations, coring retrieval and storage process.
- The person should be medically fit to work at well-site. Sometime in case of any special requirements he may need to travel to UBPL’s office.
- Person should have in depth knowledge and understanding to correlate the depositional sequence and setting with the help of GTO.
- It will be his/her responsibility to ensure coring is carried out efficiently and retrieve and laid down properly (along with nomenclature) for further transfer from drill site to storage location for analyses at laboratory.
- He/She shall work closely with the DSV in line with the drilling programme and should be aware of the company HSEIA standards and policies and follow them on location
- Skills in English and local language are essential. Oil & Gas experience in UAE is preferable.
- During actual drilling operation, He/She should be capable to utilize the all the available information / resources at site for formation evaluation and prospective zone analysis.
- The well-site geologist is supposed to guide and advise the mud logging engineers for obtaining all the desired data, samples and reports required for formulating future wells exploration strategy.
- He/She would be main responsible person to guide the drilling professionals for selection of casing setting depth and termination of well at TD in consultation with operational geologist / Head Office In-charge G&G.
- Candidate should have Minimum 15 years of experience as well-site geologist for monitoring of exploratory drilling wells.
- The person should have in depth understanding of wellsite geological operations namely rock and cuttings description and analysis, formation evaluation using mud logging unit, monitoring of online formation pressure, and prospective zone analysis in a carbonate reservoir.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A