Website Panera Bread
At Panera you can be part of a vibrant culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity and inclusion are respected and valued.
Panera is actively seeking a Sr. Manager, Corporate Paralegal, Commercial Transactions to join our team at the Panera Support Center, located in the Needham, MA.
- Assist in transaction matters including the review negotiation and drafting of various types of contracts, including confidentiality agreements, vendor and customer contracts, statements of work, consulting with business teams, management and supervising attorney, as needed.
- Assist with filing activities as needed, including facilitating conversion to electronic filing. Follow up as needed with business contacts for fully executed agreements.
- Assist with litigation requests, including document production and investigations.
- Responsibility for internal contracts management system. Overseeing processes for efficient intake and tracking of transaction matters.
- Review contracts and complete forms necessary to update contract management software, run reports from contract management software and send out and follow up with business contacts related to contract termination, renewal, etc.
- Review executed agreements to identify applicable terms in response to inquiries about contract content, including term, termination rights and other contract terms.
- Special projects, such as M&A and other corporate transactions, prepare and organize documents, due diligence support and liaise with third parties.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and function in role requiring discretion and good business judgment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred or an equivalent combination of education and at least five years of experience as a corporate paralegal.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to interact effectively and empathetically with individuals at all levels inside and outside Panera.
- Flexible team player must be quick to switch directions as circumstances dictate.
- Knowledge and understanding of commonly used commercial contract concepts, practices, and provisions, including indemnification, limitation of liability etc. and an ability to analyze the legal and business obligations and risk allocation set forth within contracts.
- Knowledge of commercial contracts and contract life-cycle.
- Must keep integrity at the forefront in every aspect of the job.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel.
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker and resourceful team player with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to effectively multi-task several complex assignments with tight deadlines.
Company: Panera Bread
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Support
Job Location: Needham, MA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A