Website Office Depot
Provide Human Resource support to the stores organization in establishing and maintaining a strong associate relations environment. Work closely with associates and store management regarding disability accommodation requests, leave of absence, and return to work from leave issues.
- Support management in leave of absence issues, including FMLA, non-FMLA Medical Leave, Personal Leave, state leaves, and Military Leave.
- Assist management with return to work from leave issues, including evaluating return to work restrictions and requests for extension of leave.
- Have knowledge or ability to quickly learn state specific laws regarding leaves of absences (ex. California) will be needed to effectively assist with making recommendations for resolution and/or next steps.
- Act as liaison between third party leave administrator and stores.
- Identifies concerns/issues on reporting or processes, attempts to identify root cause and provides recommendations for resolution.
- Support associates and management in ADA interactive process issues, including taking the lead on or directing the interactive process and documenting it.
- Provide advice and guidance to District Managers and Store Managers on disciplinary issues. Escalates issues, as needed to ER Manager, ER management team, or VP of HR for handling for highly complex issues
- Analyzes requests for reasonable accommodations and determines whether to accommodate.
- Explores alternatives as necessary.
Works with employment law team to respond to EEOC, DOL and other legal claims.
- Represents the Company in mediations, depositions and other legal processes.
- Support Employee Relations team on other associate relations’ matters.
- Sizing up people
- Influencing others
- Problem solving
- Customer Focus
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Managerial Courage
- Decision quality
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Portland, OR, US
Application Deadline: N/A